Friday, February 27, 2009

Corn Pancakes

I have been a fan of these for a while, unfortunately I haven't found anyone to share my enthusiasm and I hate to waste so I don't make these often. I figured Pancake day was a great excuse (and I had plans for the left overs.) This recipe is straight off the side of the Jiffy box.

Corn Pancakes
10-12 pancakes
1pkg Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
1 egg
3/4 cup milk

Mix ingredients until moist, it will be slightly lumpy.
Preheat and lightly grease pan.
Turn when bubbles appear and edges begin to dry.

Temper's Take:
These are very very heavy, which might be part of the reason I like them. Slather some peanut butter on and you won't have to eat for the next week! Other wise a little honey is great with them. you need to have the temp a little low to give them plenty of time to cook and don't add extra milk it doesn't work well.

No comments: