Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Queen of the World



As you can see from the above logos Recipes to Rival is now officially open to business. We have our first recipe posted and will spend the rest of the month ironing out the kinks. I am very lucky to have Lori to do the hard bit and write everything up for me.

I went Garage Saling the weekend and got some real prizes. Including some silicone bake ware, pots, pans, and crockery. The real prizes were a mandolin with exchangeable blades, a cutting board and basket that fits on your sink and cook books. The Farm Journal's Freezing and Canning Cookbook was the best find and I expect it to come in very handy. The Complete Round the World Meat Cookbook is also a good find, though I am a little overwhelmed by all the recipes. The World of Breads on the other hand, is mouth watering and I found it enjoyable to browse thru. Of course I might just have been intimidated by all that meat in the other book. Lastly, The Green Thumb Cookbook looks to be a bit disappointing, the recipes are really not that appealing to me, but I will take a closer look later and might find some good stuff.

All in All I have been a busy person lately, hardly anytime to cook. I am planning on changing that soon.

1 comment:

Lori said...

I am so jealous that you found a mandolin. Ohm... wait, I am calling it in.... ohm. Ok I know I am going to find it now! ohm...