Saturday, June 28, 2008

Caramel Honey Sauce

Ok this was made spur of the moment and exact measurements were not foremost in my mind. So live on the edge and see what you can make with it. :)

2 Tbsp Butter, slightly browned in pot at very low heat.
add 1/4 cup sugar and 1 Tbsp Honey

stir until well mixed and thick, add a pinch of salt, a couple more Tbsp Honey and water to thin everything down, we are making a sauce here not candy.

Add a couple Tbsp of milk until you have the desired consistency.

This was truly lovely. I licked my plate and then Indra's too (you snooze, you lose). The honey really added a nice dimension to the flavor and browning the butter slightly deepened the caramel flavor wonderfully.

My first try ended up a burnt mess; I had forgotten the low heat part of working with butter and sugar and it wasn't pretty.

No comments: